For the rest of our time in England we checked out Cornwall and the Cotswolds. We checked out the Minack Theatre, Oxford and more.
- We breakfasted (is that a word?) at Fifteen twice and I tried kipper for the first time in my life. There I was patiently waiting for what I was expecting to be sardine-like sized fish strips on toast when out came a monster of a fish completely burying the toast underneath. It was tasty but there was no way I could finish it The second morning I ordered some pancakes off the kiddies menu.
- We checked out the Minack Theatre which is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful view and a wonderful opportunity for me to try my hand at Shakespeare. My rendition of ‘to be or not to be…’ was apparently a source of great amusement for the other tourists. Thank you HSC English…
- We saw a few Cornish harbours and hedges. It was finally coat weather and I must have looked a bit like red riding hood wandering around in my bright red coat
- We were shown St Michaels Mount from a distance and I wandered down onto the beach to look for some shells. Alas, none to be found.
- We had dinner in Truro where I had the best chips of my life! Seriously, I’ve been dreaming about those chips.
- Had some scones with jam and cream in Stow-On-The-Wold.
- Entertained ourselves in Bourton-On-The-Water with a model village and a hedge maze. It was a good day
- Went to Stratford-Upon-Avon and learnt about the mop fair. Also took shelter from the rain at the Royal Shakespeare Company and ended up buying way too many souvenirs…
- Went on a free walking tour of Oxford. Lots of fun and really interesting. If you do love gargoyles and grotesques you definitely need to check it out
- After all this we caught the Eurostar to Paris!
I’m really loving Bloglovin’. I used to keep track of all my favourite blogs through Flipboard but Bloglovin’ has a really clear set up and it’s easy to see which posts you haven’t read yet!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10721707/?claim=kx2bpfu4ejv”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
So, it’s been a while. I’ve been working, travelling, studying and working some more. I had a great month in Europe so I thought I would share some photos and stories from my trip. We started off in London, a place full of buses and people and shopping!
- We checked out Hamley’s toy store, all six levels of it! Dolls and Lego and Bears, OH MY!
- We ate a LOT! Hamburgers really are amazing in England. The first night we shared two plates of sliders and they were delicious. I also had a really good steak… Ahhhh steak.
- I saw my first musical! We went to see Wicked and I was so excited, I already knew the songs and I was practically bouncing in my seat. I loved it so much. Unfortunately, one of my sisters was exhausted and only lasted about 10 minutes. I’m pretty sure she has no idea what the storyline of the show is.
- We went to the Who Shop! It was the greatest day of my life! I was asked not to post any photos from the museum but I do have a photo the TARDIS entrance!
- We caught the big red bus and saw the sights of London. I didn’t get to see the inside of any of them as we were pressed for time but I saw them all, well, most of them.
- We also went to Harry Potter World. That’s right. We went full on geek for this trip. I loved the sets and the costumes but the butterbeer was a mistake. I had one sip and posed for the camera.
Anyway, that’s a few of my highlights. I’ll be back with the rest of England soon :)
I am a massive fan of The Big Bang Theory! I have been known to quote the show at relevant (at least in my mind) times in a variety of settings. Unfortunately not everyone understands. It’s like when I quote Doctor Who, or Friends, or Gilmore Girls… You get the picture. Anyway, there is an episode where the girls read comic books to try and understand why the guys love them so much and I was left wondering… Maybe I would like comic books. I’m not sure. I’ve never read one before. I do like superhero movies though so maybe I should just buy one and see.
You should have seen me when I saw the sixth season on DVD in Sanity on Tuesday. I was practically jumping up and down in the store. My friend Emma started backing away from me then… I have no idea why
Ok so I have been trying to post to this blog for like a week but my Internet is absolutely ridiculous. I had a super story about building a fence (I know right?!) and pictures and everything.
So I guess I’ll just tell you what I’ve been up to…
Watching: The Office – as of yesterday I am obsessed. Jim and Pam are so cute and Dwight is insane. I now really want to put someone’s stapler in jelly.
Shopping: I bought my boots for Europe!!! They are so amazing. I love Ariats. I also went into Cotton On because they had so much clearance.
Getting excited for: Europe!!! Like 2 weeks guys!!!!
Cooking: French Toast. I am trying to learn how to make amazing French Toast but I am failing so far.
Looking forward to: Packing on the weekend!!!
Although I’m not quite sure whether I am welcoming myself to the blogging world or if I am actually welcoming readers I feel it is a necessary step. I’ve never blogged before and I am not exactly the type to read about the process before giving it a go so I suspect that this will be a very trial-and-error project.
I better write a bit about myself.
I am 18 and from a small town. I love music and I sing, play guitar, bass and mandolin. I originally loved country music but this has evolved into an appreciation of bluegrass, western swing and folk and I am always finding new songwriters to listen to. I take lots of photos and scrapbook them, this is probably why I love Instagram so much I collect shells and notebooks and stamps and I love to create things. Or at least, I love planning to create things (I am a bit prone to procrastination) and pinning things to create on Pinterest. Oh and just to prepare you, I am obsessed with Doctor Who thanks to a sister who encouraged (*ahem ‘told’) me to start watching it.
If I’m going to be completely honest, I’m not really sure why I wanted to start a blog. I don’t write much although I do love words and reading and my photography skills leave much to be desired. I will be travelling soon and eventually moving to Sydney and I suppose I feel like a blog will help me keep track of all of this. I’m sure I’ll figure it all out eventually.